Saturday, February 21, 2009

5 favourites!

There are many movies and stories that I love but if I had to pick a top five they would be:

1) Grand Torino, it is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. It is my favourite because the storyline is very good. It is based on gangs and racism and it makes a person think after they watch it. Another thing that I like which many movies lack is how it made me laugh, me me mad and and made me cry, not many movies have that capability. This is why it is a very unique movie.

2) The next thing I would choose is mine and my brother's favourite childhood story which is "Can't you sleep little bear?" My parents would read this story to us every night and I still remember every single detail about it. It brings back many memories of my childhood and how different it is now to be "all grown up".

3) One of my favourite stories since grade nine is Go Ask Alice because it made me feel like I was going through what she was going through, it was like I was part of the book. I had never read a true diary and it was very detailed which made me feel bad for her. Everything was so vivid I just couldn't believe that these things actually happened to her. This book made me relaize how fortunate I am to have such a good life.

4) My favourite book from grade eleven is Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen. No matter how many times I read it I never get sick of it. I think I've read it about four times now. I love this book because I can relate it to my own life. The main character, Scarlett is a sixteen year old girl whose boyfriend and first love dies in A motorcycle accident. This always makes me think about my own life because I don't know what I would do if my boyfriend died at such a young age. I think it would scar me for the rest of my life.

5) My fifth favourite movie is PS. I Love You because like Someone Like You, the main character's first love and husband dies but this is due to cancer. It was very sad but I loved how before he died he wrote letters to his wife that he planned for her mother to start sending to her the day that he died. It is definitely one of my favourite love stories. It also made me think about how I would deal with such a tragic event.

No comments:

Post a Comment