Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Superwoman

The most vivid memory of my childhood is one day when I was about eight years old my brother and I decided that it would be fun to climb in between the door frames. We would use our arms and legs to climb up the sides of the door frames and decided to climb to the top of them and jump down like superman. So my brother made it to the top and jumped down and I thought I would do the same because we were always competing against each other. So I climbed to the top and jumped down and it definitely did not end well. I ended up breaking my right arm, cutting my lip open and losing three of my teeth. All I remember is my dad running over to me, picking me up and throwing me in the car. We arrived at the hospital on a very busy day. My mother arrived about an hour later and we were waiting to see a doctor for four hours! It was probably the most pain I have ever been in, in my entire life. It seemed like people that arrived after we did were getting in to see a doctor before me. It made absolutely no sense because I was covered in blood and my arm was twisted, but people were walking by me like I was not important at all. I survived and people made fun of me for a long time but it was fun at the time.

3 comments:

  1. You've inspired me to face my fears.
    I'm just glad you're safe kelsey.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. that explains why you're slow............
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poor girl! You know if I was there where I would have probably laughed at you first, then sun over to see if you were okay, and then start laughing again....I can just imagine how hilarious it would have been to see you afterwords with a cast and 3 missing teeth! To be honest Kelsey, this "incident" does not surpirse me.

    Superwomen knows how to "get'ur done!"

    ReplyDelete